Ableworks is a diverse earthmoving and civil construction business specialising in mid and large sized construction projects, limited access jobs and Blue Gum plantation remediation.
Our preferred operating distance is within a radius of 250 kilometres of our headquarters – and we have operated into Southern New South Wales and Eastern South Australia.
The principals of Ableworks are members of the Berlyn family which also operates cattle and cropping farms at Ercildoune, Beaufort and Trawalla – 25 kilometres west of Ballarat. These are in the Pyrenees Shire and so we actively seek work within that Shire and environs.
Our history of success has undoubtedly been due to our empathy for the needs of our clients. Expressed another way, we typically under promise and over deliver whilst working with the client’s project management team as mutual ‘partners’ to achieve the common goal – timely and stress free delivery of the project.
Our list of clients contains the names of most of the largest commercial builders and civil constructors that operate in this geographic region. It includes H Troon, Nicholson Construction, Weirs, Abigroup, John Holland etc.
Projects presently running:
- Blind Creek Rd, Ballarat - Reconstruction - City of Ballarat.
- Majorca-Talbot Rd, Majorca - Bridge and Road Reconstruction - Central Goldfields Shire.
- William Rd, Carisbrook - Reconstruction - Central Goldfields Shire.
- INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL REDEVELOPMENT
- Werribee-Tarneit Residential Subdivisions - Multiple Stages Over 10 Years.
- Industrial Factories Complex, Coronet St, Wendouree.
- Dharma School, Daylesford.
- Eureka Stadium, Ballarat.
- BLUEGUM PLANTATION REMEDIATION
- Ballan - 250 acres
- Buangor - 500 acres
- Trawalla - 320 acres
- Beaufort - 320 acres
- Ampitheatre - 1500 acres
- Sidonia - 300 acres
A diversified Selection of Recent Projects
- ROADWORKS AND CARPARKS
- Sims Rd, Ballarat - New Construction.
- Western Highway - Duplication - Selected Contract Projects - John Holland, Cut & Fill, BMD.
- Sturt St, Ballarat - Ballarat High School Bus Interchange.
- Civic Hall, Ballarat - Carpark.
- Recurrent operation of Sago Hill Gravel Pit
- INDUSTRIAL & COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT
- Mazda Ballarat - Showroom and Workshop.
- Poultry Farms at Trawalla and Langi Kal Kal.
- Base Hospital, Ballarat - Helipad and New Wing.
- Government Factory, Carpark and ROad at Beaufort.
- Correctional Centre, Ararat.
- Peter Stevens Ballarat - Showroom and Workshop.
- Australian Catholic University.
- Ballarat Turf Club - Trainers Facilities.
Our clients tend to be relatively ‘sophisticated’ operators that have a developed awareness of Occupational Health & Safety and safe method of working and require the same from their contractors.
For this reason we have internal processes for addressing the components of a Safety Management System that address:
- Plant and task risk assessments
- Job Safety Analysis
- Standard Operating Practices (SOP’s)
- Emergency, environment and working in isolation procedures
- Training and competence recording for operational staff
- Incident reporting and investigation
We have comprehensive insurances.