Ableworks is a diverse earthmoving and civil construction business specialising in limited access jobs and Blue Gum plantation remediation.
Its preferred operating distance is within a radius of 250 kilometres of its Ballarat office – depot and has operated into Southern New South Wales for selected clients with whom we have strong relationships. It is now progressively moving into Eastern South Australia with Blue Gum plantation work.
The principals of Ableworks are members of the Berlyn family which also operates farms at Ercildoune and Trawalla – 25 kilometres west of Ballarat. These are in the Pyrenees Shire and so we actively seek work within that Shire and environs.
Our history of success has undoubtedly been due to our empathy for the needs of our clients. Expressed another way, we typically under promise and over deliver whilst working with the client’s project management team as mutual ‘partners’ to achieve the common goal – timely and stress free delivery of the project.
Our list of clients contains the names of all the largest commercial builders and civil constructors that operate in this geographic region. It includes H Troon, A W Nicholson, Weirs, Rydell Construction, Abigroup, Baulderstone, John Holland etc.
Projects presently being undertaken are:
- Ballarat Helipad for Troon
- New Department of State Development, Business and Innovation (DSDBI) depot at Beaufort for Nicholson
- Sim’s Road construction for Ballarat Grammar School Mount Rowan Campus.
- Poultry farms at Trawalla and Langi Kal Kal for Springhill Poultry Pty Ltd and Morfen Holdings Pty Ltd
- Western Highway duplication for John Holland (selected subcontract work)
- Blue Gum plantation remediation for various plantation managers and owners.
Projects carried out within the last two years or so include:
- Princes Highway subcontract works for BMD
- Western Highway subcontract woks for BMD & Cut and Fill
- Screw piling manufacture and install for various clients
- Ararat Prison for Brook Field Multiplex and Hawkins/St Hilliers.
Our clients tend to be relatively ‘sophisticated’ operators that have a developed awareness of Occupational Health & Safety and safe method of working and require the same from their contractors.
For this reason we have internal processes for addressing the components of a Safety Management System that requires:
- Plant and task risk assessments
- Job Safety Analysis
- Standard Operating Practices (SOP’s)
- Emergency, environment and working in isolation procedures
- Training and competence recording for operational staff
- Incident reporting and investigation
We have comprehensive insurances.